home about books art events contact

Friday, September 17, 2010

Words that don't exist...but should!

First, congrats to Gossip winner Candyland!! The runner ups are also mentioned on Jen's Blog. Thanks for the totally fun contest, Jen!  And Second, Sofia's blog will be up on Monday! The design looks fantastic, I just need to add the content and it will be ready to go!

In my Blogtastic! books, I love making up new words, so I thought this list would be fun!

Words that don't exist...but should!

Ramdumbtious – Cross between being rowdy and not too bright.

Realicious – Really delicious.

Repettyettyettyettyettyettitive – When you repeat something so much that you can’t stop.

Rememberize – Remembering and memorizing.

Aeroma- The odor from an exercise room after an aerobics workout.

Bovilexia-The uncontrollable urge to lean out the car window and yell "Moo!" every time you pass a cow

Anticiparcellate-Waiting until the mailman is several houses down the street before picking up the mail, so as not too appear too anxious

Aqualibrium-The point where the stream of drinking fountain water is at its perfect height, thus relieving the drinker from (a) having to suck the nozzle, or (b) squirting himself in the eye.

Arachnidiot-A person, who, having wandered into an "invisible" spider web, begins gyrating and flailing about wildly.

Bazookacidal Tendencies -The overwhelming desire of most individuals to reach out and pop the gigantic gum bubble billowing from someone's mouth.

Cheeriomagnetism - The quality of cereal that causes the last five Cheerios in the bowl to clump together.

Phonesia- Dialing a phone number and forgetting who you were calling just as they answer.

13 comments:

Erinn said...

Arachnidiot---- BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Very funny

Jillian said...

oh man I get phonesia alllll the time.

Candyland said...

You mean there isn't already a word for people (like me) who moo at cows out the window? Strange...

And I'm SO excited for the book! Thank you!

Kathryn Rose said...

My favorite's Bovilexia. Well done.

vic caswell said...

bazookacidal tendencies= awesome! :)

good job on the sofia blog progress!

Janet Johnson said...

Love the words . . . especially Cheeriomagnetism. SO TRUE!

And congrats to Candyland!

Crissy said...

I actually use "Rememberize" a lot. Too funny!

Jennie Bailey said...

I get Phonesia quite often myself! I heart all of these but Arachnidiot may be my favorite!

Unknown said...

These were so super awesome!!!!

I have to say my favorite of yours is Sunturday, because it's all to true!!

I'm glad to see that I now have a name for when I say "Moo," when I see a cow in the field nearby! :)

Let's see I would love to see funtacular... when something is so outrageously awesome!

Rose Cooper said...

Erinn- Did you get a visual like I did? lol

Teenage Bride- Me too! Even with my caller id on my cell. Sigh.

Candyland- There is now, haha. Your welcome! Threw up a fairy? Priceless!

Thanks, Kathryn!

Aspiring_X- Thanks!!


Janet Johnson- It's always the Cheerio's, right?!

Crissy- You're ahead of me! I love that word!

Jennie- I'm using that one every chance I get, haha.

Jen-Funtacular is supertastic! That's already a word though, lol. I love Sunturday. In Rumors, I use another word for "Saturday" :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are good! My wife uses another one - dramastic. When something is both dramatic and drastic at the same time.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

These are really great.
Wish I could rememberize them. With sinus meds I'm lucky to know me.

Dayana Stockdale said...

Great list. The word I saw all the time that should exist is...retardonkulous.