home about books art events contact

Monday, October 4, 2010

A-MAZING!

Okay, yes, i'm amazing. But lets go off topic for a bit. Today's post isn't simply about me. Not entirely anyways. Hubs and I celebrated our anniversary on Saturday (the actual date is today) but Saturday we got the greatest gift of all.

A BABYSITTER!

So, how to spend the evening kid free? Hmmm, so many options. Romantic dinner? Quiet night outdoors listening to bands play? Candelight and color-changing waterfalls?

Nah. Nope. And Not a chance.

Lets go for something memorable and not so "everyday." I decided to plan the evening and surprise hubs.

HIM:  Where are we going?

ME:  I told you, surprise.

HIM:  Hint.

ME:   No.

HIM:  Yes.

ME:  Fine. Wear comfy clothes. And bring a flashlight.

HIM:  Hell no! You aren't bringing me on one of your ghost hunts!

ME:  Why does everything requiring a flashlight mean a ghost hunt to you? *sigh*

So, we drove 30miles out of the city, at night, to this:



Largest Corn Maze in CA


 And it was Haunt Night which meant we got an extra ticket to the Field of Screams. But, I prepared for this. And how does one prepare? Shopping of course! I found TONS of cool glowstick items. Masks, Fairy Wand (me), Axe (him), Jumbo Necklaces, braclets, etc. I put all of this in a gift bag that said "YGTBK (You've Got To Be Kidding)" and gave it to him once we arrived. He was such a good sport about it and we were totally decked out!

Not so glowy in the light, but trust me-the glow was there!




We got lost in the maze at first, but then I realized the secret to finding your way out of any maze. Stay to the right. Once we did this, we were laughing at everyone else going in circle because that wasn't us anymore!
So we totally made it to the end (it was like miles long!) and it was pitch black in the middle of nowhere, so good thing I really did bring a flashlight. The Haunted part was fun but so, so scary. It's like you know it will be, but you have no idea when it will happen or what exactly. So imagine people popping out of the huge cornstalks in the dark. At you. Yeah--like killer clowns and wolfmen and some too horrible to even think about.

And for anyone that has seen The Hills Have Eyes? OMIGosh. The mutant was there. And he followed us, dragging his shovel, then picking up his pace. I was practically running, pulling hubs along. And Jason was there. With a real chainsaw. And you could smell the gas from it and it freaked me out and I screamed at the top of my lungs and my heart almost beat right out of my chest and...I...was...outta...breathe.

We took pics by the main Haunt site and Jason crept up on us and did a sneak attack-chainsaw and all! Even hubby screamed at that. So, I totally made Mr. Hockey Mask get in the pic. Take THAT, Jason!


And we have pictures to remember the day, even though it left a last impression with us. Now, wasn't that better than a candlelight dinner?



Hubby: Jason ain't got nothing on me! I have my glow axe!


13 comments:

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Happy anniversary!

Looks like you had "mazing" night!

best
F

Unknown said...

Seriously you are AWESOME & AMAZING! Your husband was such a good sport!!! My heart jumped just at the picture with Jason, and you two were super cool all decked out with your glow in the dark attire! I totally digged it!!!

Happy Anniversary!!! How cool that we're so close! Mine is this Wednesdsay!

Erinn said...

YAY-- that sounds super fun. YAY for a baby sitter. Congrats on a evening out!

Windy Aphayrath said...

Sounds super fun! And yes, I have to agree: a good babysitter is one of the best gifts in the world!

Theresa Milstein said...

Happy anniversary!

It sounds like your husband does know you. He was right on target with his guess. What a cool thing to do. And I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that looks like so much fun!!! Happy anniversary! :D

Jillian said...

Rose ..... you two are by far the coolest married couple in world history.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Happy Anniversary!

Te last caption was a real gem!
Mary

Crissy said...

That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! You are so cool!!! What a great way to spend an anniversary!!!

Jess said...

HOW FUN!

Jess said...

HOW FUN!!!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss rose! happy aniversary!! yikes! that a pretty scary way to do a celebration. i didnt ever get into a corn field in my life so i know i could be real scared and get really lost. yikes! all that scary stuff jumping out at you! you were sorta smiling in those pictures. you made a aniversary just like you. lots of fun!
...laughs and hugs from lenny

Amie Kaufman said...

That has got to be the best anniversary ever. It's my turn to plan our next one--I've got until January, time to get inspired!