home about books art events contact

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

SCBWI North Bay Meeting

So tomorrow I'll be speaking at the SCBWI event in Sebastopol, 7pm-9pm.. Am I excited? Absolutely! Am I nervous? you bet! It seems no matter how many times I do events or signings, I'm always as nervous as the first time. I guess I'm always afraid of two things:

1. Nobody will show up. *crickets* 
2. My brain will betray me.. Like, right in the middle of a sentence my brain will go numb and I'll stand there, mouth open and nothing coming out. Although, I don't think i've ever had a problem shutting up before.

Or what if I talk too much and begin babbling and people think I'm crazy. Like, certifiably.  My crazy girl sketch to the left --yeah, that is exactly how i'm afraid I'll be perceived.

And if you're in the area, it's not too late to register.

 Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Awesome talk at the SCBWI meeting! I really appreciate your openness about your writing journey. Your advice, spoken and written, hit a bullseye with me!