home about books art events contact

Friday, February 18, 2011

Sparkly Ninja Vampires

Okay, there really isn't any vampires.or ninjas. Unless you count my mad skills. I just wanted to get your attention. Well, that and the fact that my brain is practically mush and I couldn't think of any relating title. at all.

So tomorrow I have another book signing (the info is under my "appearances" page if you're interested) and I'm just as nervous as I was with my first one. I have the same thoughts running through my mind like, what if nobody shows up? Maybe that fear never really goes away?

I'm so swamped with deadlines right now. I'm working on two simultaneously. But then I get emails from my editor showing me THIS, and it motivates me to keep going!

What motivates you when you feel a bit overwhelmed?

PS- Sofia is blogging every Tues & Thurs over at Blogtastic!


13 comments:

Stina said...

Great title!

Good luck with the book signing. :D

Beth said...

Congrats on the book signing and good luck.
bethfred.com

Hermana Maw said...

I hope scads of people mob you. Good luck.

J.C. Martin said...

Have fun at your book signing! I'm wishing to have one of my own someday! Can't believe with your busy schedule that you're still able to maintain two awesome blogs! Oh, and congrats on your publication!

Just thought I'd let you know that you've been picked as my Friday Follower, and that your blog is being showcased on mine! :)

Faith E. Hough said...

Congrats on the great review!
I've been seeing your book all over the local bookstore shelves!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your signing. I can't wait to get your book.

Brittany said...

Congrats on your book signing!! <33

Anonymous said...

My 7 year old daughter - I should add here that she is highly gifted (although I hate using that label) and only because your book is written on a middle school level and not a 1st grade level) - just finished reading Gossip in the Girls Room and love it. She couldn't put it down and finished it in a good days reading. Here is what she wanted to share with you:


Dear Rose Cooper,

I love your book. It's awesome. I think you should really write more, and I think that thing about the moth on your "about me" page is funny. You inspire me to write books. Thank you for writing this book.

Love,

Jane Brownlee
Hendersonville, TN

Amie Borst said...

you can do eeeettt, rose!

and AWH!! what a sweetie that little girl is! :) isn't that the best part about writing? knowing you inspired someone else!

alexia said...

Good luck with the signing! I imagine when I get to that point one day, I'll be super nauseated thinking about it before each one. I don't have a cure for the fear, I just make myself push through it!

nutschell said...

Reading some of my favorite books again inspires me--or maybe picking up a new book that I instantly like. It makes me hope that one day I'll be like my favorite author and reach the mind of some child and inspire him/her to dream worlds and write stories

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss rose! i hope your get a zillion people that got your book and could wanna get it signed!
...hugs from lenny

Anonymous said...

Rose, I love your blog and think you are perfectly clicked in with your audience. I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. If you wish to accept it, details are here: http://scrivengale.blogspot.com/2011/03/hail-fellow-stylish-bloggers-of.html
Cheers!